The human body has more than 600 muscles and muscle pain is a very unavoidable pain within a lifetime. Sometimes overusing the muscles may result in temporary conditions known as Myalgia. But when the pain is related to any physical exertion, a more complex problem can be indicated.
Different Types of Muscle Pain
Pain can be divided into two categories
- Pain due to Muscle activity- During any physical exercise or shortly after it, typically within 24 to 48 hours, muscle pain like gluteus medius pain may occur due to muscle activity. This pain comes with strains, stiffness, cramps, and soreness in the muscles.
- Pain unrelated to muscle activity- Due to the attack of any virus or any other conditions, muscle pain can occur without any physical activity. You need to visit a doctor when this type of pain occurs.
Causes of Muscle Pain
Due to over-exertion or injury, muscle pain occurs during or after physical activities. Athletes are more prone to this type of pain compared to other people. Some of the common examples are stiffness, spasms, cramping, muscle tears, strained or pulled muscles, and muscle tears with full thickness.
Muscle Pain Symptoms
Though shoulders, abdomen, arms, back, hips, and legs are mostly affected during muscle pain, other parts of the body are also affected. Scottsdale Pain control clinic can help in identifying the symptoms and provides treatment against them. Here are some common symptoms
- Burning sensation
- Stabbing pains
- Shooting Pains
- Discomfort or difficulty while performing certain movements
- Needle or Pin sensation
- Muscle Stiffness
Treatments for Muscle Pain
Though stiffness and soreness are common problems that are temporary, there can be more serious problems that require immediate medical consultation. This will help in determining the cause and finding out the actual treatment of the pain.
For muscle stiffness and soreness, massaging and stretching the painful muscle and applying heat on them will relieve the pain. Sometimes pain killers are also required when the person is suffering from extreme pain.
When the pain is from an injury, a cold pack should be applied, followed by rest. The affected muscles are to be compressed or elevated and tied with a bandage. If the pain persists in the muscle, muscle relaxants and painkillers will be prescribed by medical practitioners. To get professional help, you should visit
Some Useful Tips for Prevention
When your muscle pain is caused due to physical activity or tension, you can take these preventive measures for decreasing your muscle pain in the future.
- After any workout or physical activity, you should stretch your muscles.
- When you are active during the day, you should stay hydrated
- Try to engage yourself in physical exercises regularly
- If you are working at a desk, you should get up and stretch at regular intervals
When you are overdoing any physical activity or when you are completely not doing it by sitting at a desk, you can be affected by muscle pain. This article tells about the different types of muscle pain, their causes, and their treatments. If you take some preventive measures, you will not suffer from too much pain.